The Sako 85 Varmint rifle is a long-range hunting rifle for small to medium game, built to deliver pinpoint accuracy for hunting and target shooting. The heavy, free-floating barrel diminishes vibration and recoil, and makes it easy to zoom in and stay on target. The Varmint rifle stock is made of walnut, enhancing both comfort and accuracy. In addition, it features an extra wide, flat-bottomed beavertail fore-end and a more pronounced pistol grip for a better bench shooting position.
- Action: Sako 85 actions come in six different sizes (CSA), providing reliable functioning for each caliber. All Sako 85 models feature controlled cartridge feed (RCS) to eliminate double feed or cartridge jams. The turn-bolt handle places the hand in a natural position during bolt operation, which allows for rapid repeated firing.
- Barrel: Sako 85 barrels are manufactured with a passion for craftsmanship and the very best knowledge of Sako. Barrel blanks are drilled, honed, cold- hammer forged, finished and finally individually inspected by an optical fine-tuning instrument: the human eye. Twist rates are chosen for each caliber to optimize accuracy and bullet performance. Sako 85 barrels, blued or stainless, have a non-reflecting, satin-like surface – with the exception of the Sako 85 Deluxe and Safari models that have a highly polished finish.
- Magazine:The staggered, two-row magazine of the Sako 85 is made of stainless steel. The detachable magazine can also be loaded through the ejection port. The Total Control Latch (patent pending) of the Sako 85 prevents accidental magazine release.
- Safety: The special two-way Sako safety locks both the trigger and the bolt handle. The unique bolt release button of the Sako Safety System allows you to load or remove a cartridge from the chamber while the safety is engaged.
- Sights: Most of the Sako 85 models with a blued finish on the barrel are available with either standard or optional adjustable iron sights. The front bead is adjustable in elevation and the rear blade in windage.
- Stock: The ergonomics of Sako 85’s walnut and synthetic stocks are built for an optimal shooting posture. The excellent balance and smooth bolt operation of Sako 85 rifles enable fast, straight and accurate operation.
- Trigger: The weight of pull of the single- stage Sako 85 trigger unit is adjustable from 1 to 2 kg (2–4 lbs). An optional single-set trigger is available for most Sako 85 models. All Sako 85 rifles have an extremely durable, all-steel trigger guard that protects the trigger. An exception to this are the Finnlight and Carbonlight models, which have a lightweight hard-anodized aluminium trigger guard.