A multipurpose rifle that adapts to any given situation.
The Tikka T3X Compact Tactical Rifle introduced a 10-round steel magazine to the Tikka product line. This rifle comes with a durable aluminum trigger guard and a magazine release lever that enables rapid magazine changes. Its compact size, Picatinny rail, Teflon® bolt and 20” semi-heavy barrel contour with 5/8×24 muzzle threads, make this rifle a reliable tool for all training and hunting purposes.
- Safety: Tikka rifles provide you with a two-stage safety, blocking both the trigger and bolt handle. The safety is easy to operate and indicates when the rifle is ready for firing.
- Action: The action is designed for accuracy, reliability and easy servicing. Tikka rifles provide you with an extremely rigid action with a two-locking lug T3X bolt. The bolt features a spring-loaded plunger ejector and a removable bolt handle, with 70° opening angle leaving plenty of room for handling the bolt. This is one of the smoothest actions on the market.
- Trigger: A single-stage pull with a comfortable trigger feel. The steel trigger has vertical grooves for added grip, even when wearing gloves. It is easily adjustable through the magazine well from 1 to 2 kg (2 to 4 lbs). All models are available with an optional single-set trigger.
- Stock: The stock is a light but solid T3X TrueBody design of high-grade walnut or fiberglass-reinforced copolymer polypropylene. An optional recoil pad system with spacers provides adjustability in length of pull. Grip patterns are carefully designed for added comfort and a firm grip. Sling swivels as standard.
- Barrel: A cold hammer-forged Sako barrel of highest-grade stainless steel or Cr-Mo alloy. It is free-floating in models with wooden stock. The barrel is fastened to the receiver by a sturdy thread for safety and accuracy. It is hand-crowned, as a good and even muzzle crown is essential for accuracy.
- Magazine: The single-column detachable clip magazine has a strong fiberglass-reinforced composition. The magazine holds 3, 5 or 6 rounds depending on the model and caliber. A flush release is installed at the front of the magazine to prevent accidental releases. The latch is horizontally grooved for improved contact.
- Uses .308 Winchester cartridges.