Tips on using your gun cleaning kit
You have completed your gun safety course in Brisbane and have now bought your first gun cleaning kit. What happens next? Well, your gun safety course should have covered gun maintenance and how to use your firearms cleaning kit, but in case you still need some help, here are a few tips from the experts.
- Keep your gun unloaded: It’s important that you keep your gun unloaded, because too many people clean a loaded gun and end up shooting themselves in the foot. So, keep all your ammunition in one room and your gun cleaning kit in another room, and clean your gun in a room that doesn’t contain any ammunition at all.
- Know how to dissemble your gun: This might sound obvious, particularly if you have just completed your gun safety course, but you need to know how to dismantle your gun safely and how to do it, so you don’t damage your gun. You can check with your gun’s manual or ask us at Shooters Delight.
- Use a well-ventilated room: Always clean your gun in a well-ventilated room so that the fumes from the solutions that you keep with your gun cleaning kit don’t overpower you. This can easily happen in a small and poorly ventilated room. Outdoors on the patio is an ideal location for cleaning your gun.
- Use the right cleaning solutions: Some people don’t worry about what they use to clean their gun and are happy to use anything that is handy. To keep your gun in tip-top shape and to keep its performance at optimum, always keep a premium cleaning solution with your gun cleaning kit.
- Wear eye protection: Whenever you use cleaning solutions, you should always wear protective eyewear just in case it splashes into your eyes. Murphy’s Law means that if you don’t bother with eye protection you will suffer the consequences, so its better to be safe than sorry and keep your safety eye wear with your gun cleaning kit.
Shooter’s Delight recommends that all new gun owners complete the gun safety course in Brisbane where cleaning and maintaining your gun is only one part of the course. You will also learn about gun safety rules, legislation and learn how to fire a gun safely.
For more information on the next gun safety course or for help selecting your new gun, call Shooter’s Delight on 07 3841 1881 or send us an email.